Thursday, June 21, 2012

See Difficulties and Appreciate Goodness

Life Lessons - See Difficulty and Appreciate Goodness
When my son was 11 years old, he got a small job helping out with a traveling carnival. He didn’t come home at lunch time, phoning instead to tell me he was fine. He turned up for supper after finishing work. 
I asked him how he had managed at lunch and he told me he had made new friends at the carnival – young men who were twin brothers, and their mom and dad. They had invited him for lunch in return for helping them set up their exhibit and wanted him to return the next day to help with other chores. 
I was glad he had made new friends, but a little apprehensive about the type of people that might be traveling in a carnival.
“oh mom, these are just normal everyday people like anyone else. Come down tomorrow and meet them yourself,” he said. So the next day, I went to the carnival. 
The twin brothers turned out to be Siamese twins, joined at the chest. He hadn’t thought this noteworthy of mention. 
When I brought it up he said, “Yes, I noticed that too. Do you know that their mom has to make all their clothes because it’s so difficult to find anything to fit them? They’re also really good cooks. Today, Joe, the one on the right, made me spaghetti for lunch.” 
What we adults see first in a person is not what a child considers important. Where I saw Siamese twins, he saw people having difficulty buying clothes that fit, and young one who were good cooks. It was a lesson I have thought about many times over the years. – Charlotte

Laugh
A drunken man staggers into a church and sits down in the confession box and says nothing. The bewildered priest coughs to attract his attention, but the man says nothing. The priest then knocks on the wall three times in a final attempt to get the man to speak. Finally, the drunk replies, “No use knocking, there’s no paper in the one either.”

Quotes:
Every day signifies the consummation of my love affair with life. I am awed and exulted that I lived a day in this incredible cosmos, amidst the hardships and miraculous vicissitudes of my life.” – Henryk Skolimowski

Winning the battle of duality of your mind is the actual victory you will enjoy with bliss” – Shri Shri Nimishananda

When will you learn that there is pleasure in the power of lifting others up, not in the pseudo-power of pushing them down?" – Ash Jai

It doesn’t make a difference what other people say or think about you. You must know who and what you are” – Malena Lin

Your timing may not be life’s timing. Be patient and live with the knowledge that all you are searching for is certain to come if you expect it” – Anil Singh

No comments:

Post a Comment