Dosa is a delicate darling dish in South Indian Breakfast...Crisp dosa with good chutney and sambar is heavenly gift. Though am not an expert in cooking but over the years have attempted many in my kitchen......
For many days, one packet of big chowlie (white black eyed peas) was lying unused and don't know what to do because got fed up with traditional recipe's....so started searching for some different variety..search took me tohttp://holycowvegan.net/2011/04/bean-and-oats-dosa.html
Taking idea from this, decided to try out...result is black eyed peas oats dosa...not bad in taste with green coriander chutney...though i feel pudina chutney will be good combination for this dosa....
- 1 cup black eyed peas (soak overnight)
- 1½ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 10-12 curry leaves
- ½-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients in Mixie or grinder and blend with enough water till you have a runny and smooth dosa batter.
- Heat a cast-iron or non-stick tawa and pour batter in the centre and spread it round like normal dosa spread.
- pour a few drops of oil in the centre and around dosa's edge to make it crispier
- When the underside is golden-brown, flip over and cook another minute or two.
- Serve hot with chutney.
So this is the recipe. Try and if you like, write your suggestions for improvement....